The Epiphan Pearl Nano offers the ultimate blend of portability and versatility with a refined yet robust feature set that includes ingestion, encoding, HDMI pass-through, and recording.
Fine-tuned for your productions
Streamline your setup with the ability to directly connect HDMI and SDI video sources and professional XLR or RCA audio to Nano along with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). For zero-latency display of video sources on in-room monitors, Nano also features a built-in HDMI pass-through.
Flexible recording and storage
Nano makes it easy to record, transfer, and back up files with a variety of storage options.
Control Nano your way
Use Pearl Nano’s front screen for basic configuration and control, jump into the browser-based interface or local console to access all the features this small but mighty encoder has to offer, or centralize configuration and monitoring with Epiphan’s cloud-based platform.
Key functions at your fingertips
Nano’s front screen offers quick access to essential functions including basic configuration and easy streaming and recording. During events, the built-in screen serves as at-a-glance verification of your audio level and video program for production peace of mind.
Cloud-based configuration and monitoring
Epiphan Cloud streamlines configuration and monitoring of multiple Pearl Nanos and other Epiphan hardware with
centralized access to key device statistics including operational status, system load, unit temperature, available storage, and overall health.
Elevate your productions
Build a beautiful layout for your video program with Nano’s powerful custom layout designer. Create anything from simple picture-in-picture layouts to eye-popping compositions featuring dynamic backgrounds and other custom graphics – whatever suits your event best.
Ideal for SRT contributions
The compact and lightweight Pearl Nano supports Haivision’s open-source Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) protocol for secure, high-quality, low-latency video streaming over any given network.
- Front screen for basic configuration/control and confidence monitoring
- Inputs for HDMI and SDI, line-level XLR and RCA
- HDMI program out and pass-through for zero-latency content display
- Custom layout builder for a tailored video program
- Intuitive browser-based UI and local console
- Cloud-based configuration and control via Epiphan Cloud
- SRT, HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTMP, and RTMPS streaming protocol support
- Comprehensive integration with Kaltura and Panopto
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and DC power
- SD card slot for removable storage
- Expansion bay for user-supplied M.2 SSD
- USB input for attached storage
- 802.1x network access control
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Video Inputs
- Connectors: 1 x HDMI™, 1 x 3G SDI, 1 x USB 3.0 (coming soon)
- Network inputs: SRT and RTSPAudio Inputs
- Connectors: 2 x XLR pro line level (stereo pair or two mono), 1 x SDI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x RCA
- Audio gain control: 0 dB to +30 dB
- Video outputs: 1 x HDMI pass-through, 1 x HDMI program outVideo Encoding
- Codecs: H.264, H.265 (coming soon as a paid upgrade)
- Color resolution: 4:2:0
- Resolution: User selectable up to 1920 x 1200 (4K coming soon as a paid upgrade)
- Streaming protocols: RTMP/RTMPS, SRT, HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTSP, MPEG-TS, UPnP
- Encoded programs: 1 x 1080p program at 30 fps (with up to 2 Full HD sources; 4K coming soon as a
- Audio encoding: MP3, PCM, and AAC (sampling 16 to 48 kHz with bitrate up to 320 kbps)
- Network: 1 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet port (RJ45)Storage
- SD card: Up to 512 GB EXT4
- Internal storage: SATA M.2 2280 SSD (M Key connector)
- Local USB: Automatic or manual copy via 1 USB 3.0 port
- Network storage: FTP, SFTP, SCP, RSYNC, CIFS, AWS, or WebDav servers
- Recording formats: AVI, MP4, MOV, or MPEG-TS
- Control: Browser-based Admin panel, front screen and control keys, remote login, HTTP, and RS-232 APIs
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (206 mm x 149 mm x 41 mm), 2 lbs (907 g)