Introducing Blackmagic URSA, the world’s first high end digital film camera designed to revolutionize workflow on set. Built to handle the ergonomics of large film crews as well as single person use, URSA has everything built in, including a massive 10 inch fold out on set monitor, large user upgradeable Super 35 global shutter 4K image sensor, 12G-SDI and internal dual RAW and ProRes recorders. Because the sensor and lens mount assembly can be changed, you can choose EF or PL lens mounts, or even a broadcast video sensor with B4 mount. This means you can upgrade to the latest sensor technology in the future and keep your investment in the camera body!
User upgradeable, full size digital film camera with film industry PL lens mount and 4K Super 35 sensor with global shutter, 12G-SDI, built in 10″ monitor, dual CFast recorders, scopes, audio meters and more!
Blackmagic URSA is designed to be used on high end feature films, commercials, episodic television production, documentaries, electronic news gathering, music videos and more. When used on jobs with a large crew you can easily dress the camera with high quality cinema lenses, rails, follow focus, matte boxes and more. With built in scopes for exposure, focus and audio levels, it’s easy for DOP’s to get perfect results every time. The dedicated screen for camera assistants lets them check and update camera parameters independently of the DOP. If you’re shooting solo then the large fold out on set monitor, built in scopes and internal recorder means you don’t need any extra on set equipment because it’s all built into the camera. That’s a whole film set of equipment built into the one extremely portable design!
URSA PL includes the amazing 4K Super 35 image sensor with global shutter and the film industry PL lens mount. That’s ideal when you need to use feature film industry PL mount lenses for the most cinematic optics available!
Please Note! An IEC cable is required to plug the power supply into an AC outlet. This is not included with the power supply.
- Camera Features
- Effective Sensor Size
- 21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super 35)
- Effective Resolution
- 3840 x 2160
- Shooting Resolutions
- 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates
- 3840 x 2160p23.98, 3840 x 2160p24, 3840 x 2160p25, 3840 x 2160p29.9, 3840 x 2160p30, 3840 x 2160p60, 1920 x 1080p23.98, 1920 x 1080p24, 1920 x 1080p25, 1920 x 1080p29.97, 1920 x 1080p30, 1920 x 1080p50, 1920 x 1080p59.94, 1920 x 1080p60, 1920 x 1080i50, 1920 x 1080i59.9 and 1920 x 1080i60
- Sensor frame rate support
- Up to 60 fps
- Dynamic Range
- 12 stops
- Focus button turns on peaking, focus bubbles, auto focus available on active lens mount.
- Iris Control
- Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
- Lens Mount
- EF Mount
- Screen Dimensions
- 1 x 10.1″ – 1920 x 1200
- 2 x 5″ – 800 x 480
- Screen Type
- 10.1″ – TFT-LCD
- 5″ – Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support
- Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
- Touch screen menus on 5″ screen. Push button controls for navigating menus.
- Integrated mono microphone
- Integrated mono speaker
- Mounting Options
- Multiple 1/4″-20 UNC thread mounting on top of camera and on handle bar. Rosette on bottom. Integrated rods mounts compatible with 15mm Light Weight Support standard.