Digital Console for Live and Studio with 40 Input Channels, 32 MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers and 25 Mix Buses.
World-class Midas preamps and processing
Live sound pros have long considered Midas preamps the gold standard in sound reinforcement. There’s a good reason international legends such as Pink Floyd, the Beach Boys, and Billy Joel were among the early adopters of Midas boards. In over 40 years, that reputation hasn’t faded. When you hear the sound of the M32’s preamps at work, you’ll know any mix you create will start off with premium sound. Their high common-mode rejection ratio and low harmonic distortion produce impressive transparency. But Midas’s analog technology isn’t the only thing special about the M32’s sound. All the on-board I/O features the same Cirrus Logic converters found in many respected studio interfaces. What’s more, the DSP at the heart of this board uses a 40-bit floating-point structure for a full 112dB dynamic range.
- 32 legendary Midas preamps deliver premium sound
- Analog I/O features Cirrus Logic converters
- 40-bit floating-point DSP supports maximum dynamics
Ultramodern ergonomics by Bentley designer
Anyone who’s worked at a digital console knows that ergonomics play a major role in getting around the board efficiently and creating the best possible mix in the least possible amount of time. In an effort to strike a balance between form and function, Midas enlisted the talent of Rajesh Kutty, an industrial designer known for his outstanding work with Bentley Motors. The result is a sleek and stylish console that’s easy to get around. All the most important controls are front and center and in reach, while access to fader layers and deeper functions are accessible and effortless to use. The design philosophy even extends to the materials in the M32’s structure, where a combination of aluminum, steel, and carbon fiber provide superior stability while minimizing weight.
- Ergonomics engineered by Rajesh Kutty (Bentley)
- Logical layout makes regular operation comfortable
- Material selection balances stability and weight
The most intuitive digital mixer you’ll meet
Even if you’re already familiar with digital console workflow, stepping up to a new digital desk can be an intimidating experience. Sweetwater live sound engineers love how easy they could transition to the Midas M32, thanks to its simple layout and workflow. There are tactile controls for every critical function, and a daylight-viewable 7″ TFT display with soft controls covers the rest. Motorized faders, LCDs, and more let you effortlessly switch modes and stay on top of every part of your mix. Ultimately, these elements add up to a digital mixer you’ll have down in no time.
- Intuitive layout and workflow minimizes the learning curve
- Tactile controls provide access to all critical functions
- Motorized faders, LCDs, and TFTs make navigation easy
Impressive routing, grouping, and I/O expansion options
Taking full advantage of the possibilities digital mixers can provide, Midas makes advanced routing and assignments on the M32 a piece of cake. For instance, setting up a send mix is as easy as hitting the clearly labeled Fader Flip button, which puts your sends on the motorized faders. Likewise, you can assign channels to eight DCA groups for easy volume management and six mute groups, which make scene programming super easy. And thanks to the flexibility of the Assign section, you can set up 36 fully customizable controls on three easy-access layers, all labeled with digital scribble strips. And with AES50 networking and Ultranet onboard, you can integrate P16 personal monitors and expand your I/O to up to 96 channels.
- Sends on Faders function makes send mixing fast
- 8 DCA groups, 6 Mute, and 32 custom controls onboard
- Supports AES50 and Ultranet for I/O expansion and control
Includes 25 premium Midas Pro motorized faders
Midas went back to the drawing board to develop the best motorized faders possible. These faders feature ultra-straight, high-grade steel guide rods with smooth, polished surfaces. Although they fluidly glide between fader layers, they feel substantial, providing an ideal balance of tactile response and smooth motorized operation. With their 1-million-cycle rating (three times that of other leading manufacturers), you can bet these faders will never wear out on you.
- 25 motorized faders feel great and flow smoothly
- Built from rare, high-grade precision materials
- Robust design rated for 1 million cycles
Over 50 studio-quality virtual processors onboard
Midas developed 16 new effects processors for the M32, based on their True Physical Modeling technology. These provide spot-on emulations of classic audio processors like the Urei 1176, Teletronix LA-2A, and Fairchild 670 compressors, Pultec’s EQP-1a and EQ5 equalizers, and more. In all you’ve got more than 50 processors to work with, replacing racks full of expensive and sensitive outboard equipment. And with a total of eight stereo signal processing engines onboard, you can comfortably lay on the effects.
- Equipped with over 50 classic virtual processors
- True Physical Modeling delivers amazing detail
- Eliminates the need for outboard processing gear
Easily automate the most complex shows
It’s easy to recall specific parameter settings or even entire console layouts with the M32, thanks to the innovative Cue List feature. This lets you create up to 500 Cue entries, which you can use to instantly recall any of 100 Scenes or 100 Snippets. Scenes are complete board layouts, while Snippets are parameter “snapshots” that can be recalled without affecting the rest of the scene. Whether you need to load an entirely new board layout or just recall specific EQ settings for a specific song, the M32’s Cue List makes it fast and easy.
- Save and recall settings and console entire layouts
- Create up to 500 cues in 100 Scenes or Snippets
- Step through scenes to easily manage complex shows
Bonus features for live and studio applications
While Midas clearly designed the M32 for professional sound reinforcement, it’s equally at home in full-scale recording studios. The previously mentioned mic pres, converters, motorized faders, routing, and onboard processing are all extremely useful for recording and mixing, but the M32’s capabilities extend even further. For simple recording, there’s a USB slot where you can plug in a flash drive, but there’s also a 32-in/32-out USB 2.0 audio interface built in, so you can connect directly to your DAW. That makes the M32 perfect for full-scale studio and recording live. If you are in the studio, then you’ll love how well the high-resolution faders work for automation via HUI or Mackie Control. Speaking of control, Wi-Fi connectivity and dedicated Midas iOS apps make everything from remote sound checks to monitor control even more convenient.
- 32-channel USB 2.0 audio interface onboard
- Supports Mackie Control and HUI protocols
- Midas iOS apps provide wireless remote control
Midas M32 Digital Mixing Console Features:
- World-class medium-format digital console for live sound and studio recording
- I/O includes 40 input channels with 32 transparent, low-noise Midas preamps
- Cirrus Logic converters and 40-bit floating point offer 112dB of dynamic range
- Industry-leading ergonomic design by Rajesh Kutty of Bentley Motors
- Channel controls and all major functions are always within easy reach
- Master control section features a 7″ TFT display that’s easily viewable even in daylight
- LCD and TFT displays across the board ensure that you’ll never get lost
- Outfitted with 25 premium 100mm Midas Pro motorized faders rated to 1 million cycles
- Easily assign channels to 8 DCA groups and 6 mute groups
- Assign audio across 25 independent, time-aligned, and phase-coherent mix buses
- 100 Scenes/Snippets with 500 Cues provide powerful show automation possibilities
- AES50 and Ultranet let you expand your system with up to 96 channels with P16 monitoring
- Insert over 50 signal processors and effects across 8 stereo DSP engines
- Simple USB port lets you record to a standard flash media drive
- 32-in/32-out, 48kHz USB 2.0 audio interface accommodates both studio and live recording
- Control your DAW via either Mackie Control or HUI protocols with full automation
- Optional Midas iOS apps provide Wi-Fi control via your iPhone or iPad
- A perfect digital mixing console for touring sound reinforcement applications
- Made of sturdy and lightweight carbon fiber, aluminum, and high-impact steel
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply allows you to travel freely