What is it?
RadioK12 is a unique curriculum or after school based program that connects students with the power of online radio broadcasting!
The industry of radio and internet based broadcasting is a growing career field that many who love music are choosing to pursue. The RadioK12 Mobile Broadcast program brings the resources of internet based radio broadcasting to your students in a local and tangible way.
RadioK12 broadcasting gives your students professional broadcast training, but also brings the advantages of growing lifelong essential personal character skills such as time management, decision making, and boosting self-esteem, all while having a great time!
RadioK12 provides students with a supervised online broadcasting radio station where they are encouraged to broadcast school news, announcements, and sporting events to their very own audience, who listens through the school website or accompanying RadioK12 school based user friendly mobile app.
RadioK12 also allows students who have a passion for music to obtain first hand experiences of working in a music based career that is beyond “being the star”. Radio Broadcasting careers are growing in popularity and now expand into several genres including Talk, News, Sports, and More.
RadioK12 Mobile Broadcasting Units are all inclusive and include everything that students need to broadcast their own shows every day or every week! Professional microphones, a 10 channel mixer, headphones, Programming Software, and a High Quality Streaming PC is included with every RadioK12 order.
Intimidated by the technology? Don’t be! RadioK12 Administrative Controls have built in student access limitations and certain administration only privileges, including sending Push Notifications mobile text alerts and reminders to both students and parents alike for any important announcement.
Low Maintenance, 24/7 Technical Support Training Tools, and Online Video Tutorials keeps your RadioK12 station broadcasting without a hitch, and help is always a breeze! Our team of Radio K12 professional support technicians are always standing by and ready to assist you should the need arise.
RadioK12 Station Features Include:
- Student Operated School/Youth Club Based Online Radio Station
- Includes Custom Mobile App (with Listen Live & Social Media Links)
- Teaches Lifelong Career & Character Building Skills
- Great Creative Outlet for After School Programs & Youth Based Clubs
- Enhances Time Management, Scheduling, Programming and Decision Making Skills
- Introduces Broadcasting Based Careers & Creative Outlets (Music, Sports, News, & Talk)
- Builds Student, Administrative, and Community Morale
- Incorporates Administration Only Access Levels & Controls
- Mobile Text Alerts for fast & effective mass communication
- 24/7 Live Audio Streaming Keeps Parents & Kids Connected
- Broadcast All School Special Events, Meetings, and/or Sports Outings
- Training & Technical Support Provided
- Affordable Setup & Low Annual Fees
- In-Person Weekly Support Available (Rate Card Available)
- Broadcast Signal Available Made Available On Your Website & Custom Mobile App
- Apple/Android/Blackberry/Windows/Amazon Device Compatible
RadioK12 Mobile Broadcasting System Includes: High Quality Professional Mobile Streaming Unit, Microphones (3), 10 Channel Mixer, Studio Headphones, Programming Software (Industry Standard), 1 Year Performance Warranty, Major Market Distribution Package, Mobile App, Streaming Signal (for website), Full Training Session, Ongoing Technical Support, In-Person Training and Weekly Support Available.
Q & A
Q. Do I need professional broadcasting experience to launch a radio station at my school?
A. Although it helps to be familiar with radio broadcasting, a professional degree or training in radio is not required to host a RadioK12 program.
Q. How do you offer ongoing technical support?
A. RadioK12 provides professional training and basic online support for all schools and students. Many schools have chosen to also have a teacher or local volunteer help managed this program which is traditionally ran as a part of the schools’ after school program and/or extra-curricular activities.
Q. Are there any additional fees beyond the program fee that we should prepare for?
A. If your school wants to play music that is has not produced a streaming license is necessary. The average annual cost for a streaming license may vary depending on the number of users & listeners. Please contact a RadioK12 sales representative at 1-888-801-1563 x1 for a more precise quote.
Hosting fees are billed on an annual basis and new purchase/service orders would be required to continue the RadioK12 program each service year.
This program provides excellent opportunities for students to learn the power of using their voice and critical thinking skills!